NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Reggie
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find out if 19" wheels/rims fit on a 2003 NBC without having to make any modifications? Do the tires rub? Can you rotate/turn the wheels without rubbing? Etc... If anyone has any experience with this or if you can point me to a topic where someone has done this I would love to know.

Thanks!!!!
 

·
Reggie
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I've only seen 18"s talked about in the forums, so I'm concerned that there could be some rubbing when I turn?

I'm looking at 19x8 AUDI RS4 replicas from Victoria Tire. With 225/35HR1 Tires.

Can you provide some more details on your thoughts as to why they will fit? I really want to make the right decision before I buy the rims.

Thanks!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
536 Posts
richgoade said:
Thanks for the reply. I've only seen 18"s talked about in the forums, so I'm concerned that there could be some rubbing when I turn?

I'm looking at 19x8 AUDI RS4 replicas from Victoria Tire. With 225/35HR1 Tires.

Can you provide some more details on your thoughts as to why they will fit? I really want to make the right decision before I buy the rims.

Thanks!
I have 19" x 8.5" in the front and 19" x 10" in the rear of my 2004 New Beetle Convertible, and no rubbing at all...but like the guy said above; it is VERY important to get the right offset.
 

·
[EVWK]
Joined
·
27 Posts
BHRIFIC said:
I have 19" x 8.5" in the front and 19" x 10" in the rear of my 2004 New Beetle Convertible, and no rubbing at all...but like the guy said above; it is VERY important to get the right offset.

An additional picture of your car with 19"-s
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,793 Posts
Wow, no rubbing on 8.5" wide rims? What offset DID you get? And more importantly what tiresize?

19's will fit fine I'm sure, but I would have expected a LITTLE bit of rubbing at least. I even had rubbing w/my stock 16" wheels for a while. Of course, that was probably only while the suspension was under compression; braking in the turns and such.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
536 Posts
noR said:
Wow, no rubbing on 8.5" wide rims? What offset DID you get? And more importantly what tiresize?

19's will fit fine I'm sure, but I would have expected a LITTLE bit of rubbing at least. I even had rubbing w/my stock 16" wheels for a while. Of course, that was probably only while the suspension was under compression; braking in the turns and such.
Not sure of the offset, but here are the tire sizes.

235/35 R19 (front)
275/30 R19 (rear)
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top