NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of glombing on to this dudes Idea (see pic below) But I am wondering if the entire unit comes apart to do this black paint inside of the unit or if there is more to it than meets the eye. Thanks. P.S. sorry dude for glombing onto your idea.

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
The clear outer lens and uter refector just comes off once you get the headlight out. it's only held on with like 2 or 3 snaps. Then to paint the outer refector, you needa tke the lens of it, it's only held on with like some grey type of gooey cocking type of glue (i really dont know that it's called). And that's about it. That dude's not he only one that's done it, and i know at least me and antione have done the inner part.

Good luck with your moddin.

·
2008 "Fowvay" yellow NB
574 Posts
I did mine a couple years ago. Work carefully with the gray caulk, it's easy to make a mess. I also suggest that you get the caulk good and hot and gooey when reinstalling. I eventually had one of my lenses fall off on the road and be lost, necessitating expensive replacement of the whole thing.

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well its going along good so far I got them all apart without breaking a single thing but did have a couple of probs for one my dirty fingers got into the gray goo and left dirty finger prints and when i taped off the gooey stuff and then tried to remove the tape it lifted some paint off the reflector so I peeled all the tape off and blasted the whole thing grey goo and all. its gonna look sweet when its done!! Thanks for all the info guys/girls:) :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts