NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys an' galls

Don't know if this is the right place to share this but I felt I had to. My previous car was a Nissan Micra - pretty boring though very reliable. But now I'm the proud owner of a silver 1.6 new beetle and everyone keeps saying that it really suits me (if a car can suit a person?!)!

Personally, I lurrrrvveee my new beetle and am so glad I made the right choice. Just wondering how other people react when you show people your car?

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
I got the same reaction from everyone when I first bought my NB. Not only did they say the car was so me..they said the color was me also! :goodjob:

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
I suit my car. She's round and beautiful, I'm round and beautiful! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CyberGreenBaby said:
I got the same reaction from everyone when I first bought my NB. Not only did they say the car was so me..they said the color was me also! :goodjob:
So what colour is your car?

dnyed said:
She's round and beautiful, I'm round and beautiful!
Hee hee. I like it. And the name of your beautiful round baby is..?

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts

·
Banned
2,553 Posts
my new beetle perhaps fits my personality too well.

heaps of people tell me my car is a direct reflection of me... i only hope this is true. :D

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts
All the time-----we are def a special breed of peeps.

The car has so much pesonality and I think that it draws in peeps that ooze that much personality as well.

·
Thomas
361 Posts
Some of my friends and family still laugh at me when they see my NB. My other car is a Mustang GT that has a modded up suspension and transmission, so the transition is still a shock to them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IgottaBug! said:
Some of my friends and family still laugh at me when they see my NB. My other car is a Mustang GT that has a modded up suspension and transmission, so the transition is still a shock to them.
They laugh? What cars do they drive? I guess though that a beetle is rather different to a Mustang :D

·
5/23/10 <3
11,122 Posts
Most people are too envious of the fact that I own a NB to say if the car suits me or not. hehe!
When I first started driving it (had to learn stick), I drove it to school one day and my boyfriend pulled up next to me in the parking lot. I had the windows down and I had my arm out the window, with my radio on. He got out of the car, walked over to me and was just like "That car just really fits you...you look really good driving it"! Yay! I hope to get a green one someday...well...I'm getting to really like my blue baby so I'm not so sure now...I think the blue fits me really well

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
dnyed said:
I suit my car. She's round and beautiful, I'm round and beautiful! :D
great answer! works for me, too!

my car suits me perfectly; round, cute, a little jumpy, a bit of cosmetic damage, always clean but not prissy, unique, a bit weird and totally lovable. :D of all the cars that exist in the world, this is the car for me.

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
I get mixed reactions still, but Amanda I think summed it up for me: I'm just happier when I'm driving Jenna. :) She seriously is my world, and I'd be lost without her...or is it I'm found now that I have her? Either way...she fits me, and I love her. :)

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Dave said:
I went from a 2002 Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab to a 2006 NB TDI....I'm still getting looks of surprise and shock :p

-dave
LOL, I can relate to this, here in the land of monster SUV's and diesel quad pickups... people aren't really surprised to see *me* behind the wheel of the NB but my husband sure gets laughs. And, he doesn't care a bit, he just says "Yeah, laugh at my 30 mpg all you want to!" He'll be unbearable if I buy a TDI. He'll probably never let me drive it...

·
I AM SMILEY MAN!!!
310 Posts
My NB only suits my personality, in that I don't necessarily like what everyone else likes. I like standing out in a crowd and having something different than everyone else. It would suit my personality more if it had more power. Too late now, as there was no turbo in early '99, and I am not trading in my Otto for another NB. That would be like giving up a child.

·
Thomas
361 Posts
jojo said:
They laugh? What cars do they drive? I guess though that a beetle is rather different to a Mustang :D
They laugh more because of my personality and the way that my body is built. I'm an army vet, pretty big for my height, own a few guns, etc. I guess they figured that the Mustang was a better fit than a car with a flower vase in it.:D

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
I adopted Charlie on a Thursday, late late Friday night/early Saturday morning he was in Memphis, TN (I live in Durham, NC) ... when I pulled into the drive, my mom and dad were waiting on the front porch to see my first new car.

and I quote "Somehow, I knew, you'd get the green one. But no convertible?"

Ah.. mom hit it on the head. Everyone who talks to me by phone then sees my car says it's "really you" or "should have guessed."

So.. yes, the car identifies with me/I identify with the car.. something like that. More folks know me by Charlie than know my name, I'm well aware of that!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts