NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Thomas
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone belonged to a wholesale club, and do you think it's worth it?

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
IgottaBug! said:
I was wondering if anyone belonged to a wholesale club, and do you think it's worth it?
I love me some Costco! I can get enough TP for a year!! hehe

·
Smiling's my favorite
251 Posts
I don't. I'm single and live alone, so it's not worth it for me. But my best friend belongs, and I tag along with her every so often and stock up on frozen chicken breasts and salmon filets or other stuff like that.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
I've been working on the same package of paper towels for two months now. TP just ran out as well. Just watch what you buy. It can be overdone. And make sure you have room to store what you buy.

I want to go to my Costco and get the set of Henckel knives i saw there. Has a block and every knife short of a cleaver. $125...not bad for Henckels.

Their fresh fish is usually good. Fish freezes pretty easily also. I like to get their bags of littleneck clams and give a steaming with some spinach and garlic. Little drawn butter and lemon....it canNOT be beat! Great, now i'm starving.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
JrsyGrl said:
I don't. I'm single and live alone, so it's not worth it for me. But my best friend belongs, and I tag along with her every so often and stock up on frozen chicken breasts and salmon filets or other stuff like that.
Mmmmmmm single.... :home:

·
Thomas
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FineExampl said:
I've been working on the same package of paper towels for two months now. TP just ran out as well. Just watch what you buy. It can be overdone. And make sure you have room to store what you buy.

I want to go to my Costco and get the set of Henckel knives i saw there. Has a block and every knife short of a cleaver. $125...not bad for Henckels.

Their fresh fish is usually good. Fish freezes pretty easily also. I like to get their bags of littleneck clams and give a steaming with some spinach and garlic. Little drawn butter and lemon....it canNOT be beat! Great, now i'm starving.

Even though I don't like clams, you've made them sound good enough to try again to see if my taste has changed. I've loved spinach since I was a kid though. I'm hungry now too! Thanks!:p

·
VP B5one
104 Posts
I sport a Sam's Club membership. We got it mostly to be able to buy baby formula in larger quantities and cheaper so in that sense it definitely paid off.

There are some great deals to be had for sure, but as others have said, be careful what you buy. It will take you years to go through that 5 gallon jug of spicy mustard.

·
Diesel Inside
359 Posts
For sure we do the Sam's often. My wife has found though that you shouldn't think that just because you are buying in bulk that it is cheaper. Often times she can get something with a coupon cheaper at a regular grocery store than buying in bulk at Sam's. But it's well worth the membership.

I drive a TDI, but she has a gas Durango and the 5 cents a gallon off for the gas is pretty good. That by itself pays for the cost of membership.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Costco, baby! We make a "Costco Run" about once a month. It's a great place to stock up on T.P., paper towels, hamburger, and coffee, look at clothes, office furniture and tools, get some freebie samples, ~and~ get a polish and pop for $1.50!

We Love Costco! :bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
FineExampl said:
You better go, then. They don't always carry everything all of the time. :(

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Well, at my Costco, the sign says Polish dog. Either way, it's a polish sausage hot dog, and we make it a "lunch date"......:lol:

Yummy! :D

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Yep, the Costco Polish dog and a pop makes a fine meal for a buck and a half.

I can also sit and people watch, marvelling as they push carts filled with a couple dozen gallons of milk.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have a Sams Club membership. We go about twice a month for hamburger meat and macaroni and cheese. We would buy more but don't have the storage. The meat is at least 1.25/pound less that at the grocery store and since we can't eat poultry due to the bf's allergies, we go through a lot of beef.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts