NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey:wave:

I was at the VW's on the Beach show the other weekend and was thinking- yes I can think:D. Anyhoo, I don't see any VW Quantums around or many old school 2-door Rabbits. Anyone remember the Dasher?? I did however see one of the Rabbit-esque VW pickups putting around.

Tell me does anyone see these VW's around. Any for sale for that matter.

Thanks.

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,404 Posts
al,
occasionally an older rabbit or gti will pop up on the norfolk craigslist. i'll let you know next time i see one of those, or an old dasher/quantum. good little road trip from FL :)
warren

·
ristinkay
146 Posts
The Dasher looks like a vw fox wagon of sorts doesnt it?? I had an audi fox wagon that rocked. I see the pickup here in town and its in great condition, as per the rabbit there are a lot around in bc.

·
Super Moderator
20,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ristinkay said:
The Dasher looks like a vw fox wagon of sorts doesnt it?? I had an audi fox wagon that rocked. I see the pickup here in town and its in great condition, as per the rabbit there are a lot around in bc.
I saw a nice Baby blue-ish Rabbit for sale on "thesamba.com", somewhere in Canada. If only I had the cash.:(

·
Super Moderator
14,719 Posts
Last I heard, my sister has a Rabbit truck, the sea green color.

Back in the day, my brother had a 61 or 62 Beetle, which wouldn't make it up coastal capes, unless there was a stiff wind pushing it. It was dark blue, and pretty gutless.

My Mom had a green and white VW Bus, I think 1971. It ended up dying, and rusting in her yard. :eek:

My other brother had a 82 or 83 Rabbit, pink champagne in color. I had to babysit it when he went to Japan for a year to teach ESL (where he met my wonderful sister-in-law, but that is another story... :) ). I had to carry jumper cables whenever I drove that car, as it didn't like to start after errands.

I see a good number of old Rabbits, and lots of air-cooled Beetles and Busses, but I haven't seen a Dasher, Quantam, or VW Rabbit pickup in ages. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts