NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
If I use the remote to unlock my Beetle, will the car remail unlocked? It seems to me that the Security system locks the car after a certain amount of time. I need to leave the car to get serviced and leave the keys in the car, but don't want the car to lock itself. Thanks in advance.
Hooch66

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
they will re lock themselves after 30 seconds, but if you unlock and then open a door they will remain unlocked. its a safety feature incase you hit the unlock button by mistake when you walk away putting the keys in your pocket. :)

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
anytime :D

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
that feature has always concerned me, too. i never feel safe shutting the door with the keys in the car for fear i'll lock myself out. :confused:

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
better hope your door switch sensor is working as well.

Eeyore my 99 beetle had a bum driver door switch, did not sense that the door opened and would relock regardless.

was fun a few times when I took my time restarting the car after making a pizza delivery... having the alarm go off. OOOPSIE.

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
We park inside our garage and leave the keys in the ignition. The car has never relocked itself by doing this because you have to open the car to get out ;)

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
callisto9 said:
that feature has always concerned me, too. i never feel safe shutting the door with the keys in the car for fear i'll lock myself out. :confused:
Hi,

I Did lock my self out, when I first bought my car, I put keys on seat. got out shut the door, walked away, and herd it lock, I had to call AAA To get into my car.

John K.

·
2001 VW New Beetle
1 Posts
Door sensor

I have the same problem that the door sensor doesnt know that the door is open and locks the door when i dont turn the car on right away when i get in. When i took it to the dealer they told me it would cost 400.00 to fix so i figured ill just keep pressing the unlock button when that happens. I dont know if this is due to that but the door chime NEVER sounds when i turn on the car but i know it exsists because i heard it once or twice.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
If you lock it with the remote, then unlock it with the remote it will automatically lock itself back after about 30 seconds. So do not leave your keys in the car after you unlock it with the remote because it will lock itself unless you start it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
120 Posts
I don't let my partner drive my NBC because he used to go into gas stations, leaving his Camry running: a habit that I told him would result in his car getting stolen or dog accidentally hitting the lock button.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts