VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the forums before posting this but only found the way to get the option codes.

We bought an '01 NB that the radio did not work properly in. it was an Alpine replacement and when repairing the door handles I saw there were alpine speakers in the doors. I had to remove the radio to get it to pass inspection because it kept the OBD code reader from working.

I am trying to get either an original radio (preferred)or aftermarket back in that works so I need to know if it has Monsoon or not.

I used the option code checker at

VW Group Option Codes Decoder

which tells me the car was sold with a "Premium" radio. does anyone know if that was the Monsoon with the amp? I looked in the back for an amp but don't see one. there is however a cut out in the carpet on the left side of the "trunk" area and a plug I assume was for the CD changer.

any help is appreciated

·
Registered
3,690 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is a monsoon system. i found the amp in the back by lifting the hatch and looking behind the rear panel on the left side.

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
As you figured out already, premium is monsoon. Although you can put a monsoon in a non monsoon bug and it'll work :goodjob:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts