NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
licibug
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here she is at long last! She loves the freeway, zips right along. Such a drastic change from my last car (if you want to call it that).
Now I have to use up her tank so I can turn her vegetarian.

vwbiobabyrsz.jpg

vwrearrsz.jpg

Isn't she cute. I think she needs some alloys though. I'll have a chat with my pocketbook soon.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,714 Posts
I Love Cyber Green! Congratulations! :party:

I agree. Invest in some new wheels, and maybe tint (is it already tinted?), and you'll have an even more gorgeous CG New Beetle! Have fun! :clap:
 

·
beetle driver for life
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
Very nice TDI, and some darn fine photos to boot. I lke your avatar pic. If you want to see a hugh selection of wheels on you bug click herehttp://www.tirerack.comand put in your make of car you can change the color of the car, sorry I don't remember if they have cyber green.
 

·
licibug
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First time parking side by side with another beetle!

yelojkt said:
Very nice TDI, and some darn fine photos to boot. I lke your avatar pic. If you want to see a hugh selection of wheels on you bug click herehttp://www.tirerack.comand put in your make of car you can change the color of the car, sorry I don't remember if they have cyber green.

Thanks! I am looking forward to customizing! Finally I have a car that offers the option.

We went out to see the "Peking Acrobats" tonight for our 6th anniversary of "dating" and I parked next to another beetle. Dunno why it is so...fun, conradery or something I guess.

If you ever get a chance to see the Peking Acrobats by the way, do so! They are amazing!

I'm going to look at tires now. :)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,308 Posts
yelojkt said:
Very nice TDI, and some darn fine photos to boot. I lke your avatar pic. If you want to see a hugh selection of wheels on you bug click herehttp://www.tirerack.comand put in your make of car you can change the color of the car, sorry I don't remember if they have cyber green.
They have cyber green, it just looks like green baby poop

oh, and very very nice NB :goodjob: Wish mine was a TDI at times :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,013 Posts
yelojkt said:
Very nice TDI, and some darn fine photos to boot. I lke your avatar pic. If you want to see a hugh selection of wheels on you bug click herehttp://www.tirerack.comand put in your make of car you can change the color of the car, sorry I don't remember if they have cyber green.
Thanks for the link. That was fun! I think I found wheels I like. Are OZ a good brand? Do they hold up to daily driving?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,028 Posts
OZ rims have been used as original VW equipment for years. So consider them OEM :p

So yeah, good brand.

I'm all about buying uses wheels on vwvortex.com though, I got my rims hardly used with tires for $800 Canadian, when if I bought the same setup brand new it would have been like $2500+.

So investigate that before buying rims, I wish I had, I bought $1000 with of rims from the dealer and only got $500 for them a year and a half later and my almost brand new tires went with them.. :eek:

SMG
 

·
licibug
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dnyed said:
I Love Cyber Green! Congratulations! :party:

I agree. Invest in some new wheels, and maybe tint (is it already tinted?), and you'll have an even more gorgeous CG New Beetle! Have fun! :clap:
She has 5 or 10% tint.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,013 Posts
SMG said:
OZ rims have been used as original VW equipment for years. So consider them OEM :p

So yeah, good brand.

I'm all about buying uses wheels on vwvortex.com though, I got my rims hardly used with tires for $800 Canadian, when if I bought the same setup brand new it would have been like $2500+.

So investigate that before buying rims, I wish I had, I bought $1000 with of rims from the dealer and only got $500 for them a year and a half later and my almost brand new tires went with them.. :eek:

SMG
Thanks for the info! I'm not getting expensive ones, just different.I need tires too so maybe I can work out a deal.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,013 Posts
licibug said:
Here she is at long last! She loves the freeway, zips right along. Such a drastic change from my last car (if you want to call it that).
Now I have to use up her tank so I can turn her vegetarian.

View attachment 7148

View attachment 7147

Isn't she cute. I think she needs some alloys though. I'll have a chat with my pocketbook soon.
It almost looks like a new color in the second picture!
I hope you're having fun with your NB.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top