NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many others, I had the problem where the mounting tab for the door check snapped off from the door. I have seen other solutions, but not to the extent that I could purchase something or reproduce, so I came up with my own solution:

IMG_0164[1].jpg

IMG_0166[1].jpg

Like a toggle bolt, you insert this into the hole in the door, pull it tight and then tighten the single bolt. This one is just made of ABS, but if there is interest then I can refine it a bit, manufacture, and make these available in a more durable material. One good thing is that if it breaks, then you just replace this piece -- there is wisdom in making the most easily replaced part the weakest in the system!

If anyone else has interest, let me know. If not, then I will just enjoy this myself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are the first to respond. I'm trying rev 3 today. PM me your contact details if you want to give one a try. I have only tested on a 2003 Beetle convertible.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm getting ready to test another rev, which will take me a few days. It is probably not practical for me to ship to the UK, but I'm sure we can work out something with a 3D house in your country. Printed in nylon, it should be strong enough. There are metal parts, but I think you can source them at a local hardware store.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm getting ready to test another rev, which will take me a few days. It is probably not practical for me to ship to the UK, but I'm sure we can work out something with a 3D house in your country. Printed in nylon, it should be strong enough. There are metal parts, but I think you can source them at a local hardware store.
I too am interested in purchasing this. How would I go about that? Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts