VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a used door latches from a 98 Passat in both my front doors, both of the latches work and know when the door is open, etc. But my drivers door gets stuck and won't open from the inside or outside. It was stuck today so I pushed my door in and it finally opened. The feeling of the latch when is gets stuck, is like both cables got disconnected, or like the car is locked but I know it is unlocked. When I do lock it from the inside and try to open it from the inside I can feel it unlock and sometimes it will open with another pull of the handle. Any suggestions on this issue? Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
28 Posts
I put a used door latches from a 98 Passat in both my front doors, both of the latches work and know when the door is open, etc. But my drivers door gets stuck and won't open from the inside or outside. It was stuck today so I pushed my door in and it finally opened. The feeling of the latch when is gets stuck, is like both cables got disconnected, or like the car is locked but I know it is unlocked. When I do lock it from the inside and try to open it from the inside I can feel it unlock and sometimes it will open with another pull of the handle. Any suggestions on this issue? Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Check the small cable that attaches to the outside handle ( you can see a small black clip attached to the handle when you pull it and view it from the side ). Compare how it is set up with the one on the passenger side. If its too stretched it wont let you open your door.

Check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cBfKlya3Zs
7 minutes in you see him remove the clip.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts