VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
i take that as a no:( just thought it'd be different being it would look neat
Hey, if its what you want, go for it. SMG_ is pretty picky when it comes to mods and is very voiced :rolleyes: when it comes to commenting.

Just thought about it, and i guess it would be cool to see it done on a beetle. Thats something i haven't seen just yet.

·
~Feel the Sting~
2,441 Posts
I think that it's up to you if you get them, not anyone else! :D

They make lambo door kits for the Beetle. The downside is, it requires the little "bubble" part of the front fender being cut, and having part of it bonded to the door so when it opens , part of your fender stays attached to the door.

See the big "chunk" that has to be cut out of the fender up there?

So it takes a lot of work to do. But, still looks kinda unique.

You could also consider Suicide doors :D

Vroom vrooom :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

They make lambo door kits for the Beetle. The downside is, it requires the little "bubble" part of the front fender being cut, and having part of it bonded to the door so when it opens , part of your fender stays attached to the door.

this looks better and and much easier to do than the lambo doors what does it consist of like mods

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
The show car w/ suicide doors also has no mirrors. The mirrors mount via upper door hinge, which would necessitate some sort of fabbed-up mirror to work with that kit.

·
~Feel the Sting~
2,441 Posts
The show car w/ suicide doors also has no mirrors. The mirrors mount via upper door hinge, which would necessitate some sort of fabbed-up mirror to work with that kit.
Considering that the little triangle of plastic where the mirror normally is, is still there, there shouldn't need to be any fabrication (or very little).

The bolt holes are behind the triangle, so all a person would have to do is just bolt in the mirror using shorter bolts than were required when there was a hinge there.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Considering that the little triangle of plastic where the mirror normally is, is still there, there shouldn't need to be any fabrication (or very little).

The bolt holes are behind the triangle, so all a person would have to do is just bolt in the mirror using shorter bolts than were required when there was a hinge there.

i'd like to see a pic with the mirrors on anyone know where one is

·
Super Moderator
8,919 Posts
I've been considering it for a long time now. That's the only NB I've seen with suicide doors. I traded a few emails with him a while back.

Might have to do a hot rod bolt on tear drop or something of that sort, if you can't fab something up to reconnect the mirror.

·
Registered
2 Posts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts