NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'09 New Beetle Convertible bought from a dealer this August 2011. Noticed the red reflectors on the door. My friend has a 2001 new beetle, he's door "reflectors" light up. Are the ones on my '09 suppose to light up? I pulled out the reflectors, no lightbulb or hardware to hold lightbulb. Does anybody that have a '09 or '10 convertible that light up?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Have you looked in your Owner's Manual? I don't seem to have an '09 or '10. If there is no bulb, bulb socket, or wiring, you know yours aren't supposed to, but I guess it could have been an option with an upgrade package. Many things were deleted on the later models as a cost savings move, for a struggling brand.

·
1,255 Posts
That is one of many items/features you will find that are missing/deleted from the 03 verts. Keep looking. Notice the missing alarm light on the passenger's door?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is one of many items/features you will find that are missing/deleted from the 03 verts. Keep looking. Notice the missing alarm light on the passenger's door?
Thank you for your response. I would have taken the door apart to make sure that the door wasn't an incomplete replacement. Yap, noticed there's only the door lock light on the driver side.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I would be taking the panel off to see if the loom is there, if it is they would be getting fitted :)

·
1,255 Posts
If it's like my 09, not even the cabling/connectors are there. However you can add the alarm light on the passengers door. I did a how-to some time back, you will need to search for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts