NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with the power locking system on my 98 beetle. the drivers door will only manually unlock from the outside. It will not unlock the passenger door or set the alarm. The system works from the passenger side however the horn does not sound when setting the alarm. the driver door does unlock from inside with the power lock buttons. any ideas??

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Very confusing! You need to be a little more clear here as to what is working and not working. Is your remote involved in what's not working?

MORAV

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never had a remote. all power lock functions work from passenger side. the driver side power actuates from passenger door cylinder. you can not power actuate the passenger side from the driver door cylinder. driver outside cylinder only manually opens the driver door lock. the outside cylinder and lock on driver side were just replaced from junk yard as lock cylinder was turning freely and I accidentally brock the lock mech while working on it. not sure if this was the conditionn before because the outside lock didnt work before

1 - 3 of 3 Posts