VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am hoping for some help and can't seem ti find anything online. I had to take apart the door today to replace the window regulator. In the process of removing the inner door panel I also removed the door lock thing. The thing that moves up and down showing the door is locked. I attempted to put it back but can't figure out how it should go. I put everything back together without it and now the door won't stay locked. I can hear the actuator and if I keep the key in the locked position the door is locked. However, if I remove the key the door unlocks automatically. Same issue using the buttons on the door. Is the lever thing needed? It doesn't seem to serve a purpose except to indicate if the door is locked or not. Any thoughts or experience would be helpful.
2001 Beetle GLS 2.0, her name is Joon.

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,639 Posts
I have not done a door lock module replacement, yet. Here are some pics, may be they will be helpful.

I will be doing the drivers side window regulator and door lock module for my '98 (Valdez) in the upcoming weeks; which means I will be posting a DIY afterwards.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts