NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m redoing the color pallet of my 2000 Beetle 1.8 and am curious if anyone know the dimensions of the original leather. I’d like to order some purple leather vinyl fabric and make new ones but am not sure what size of fabric I need to buy.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Good question, I'm sure you could measure your old one and quickly find out that way. That being said, I think; it would end up being more cost effective, buying some that are already premade off sites, like amazon or ebay. There are a number of vendors; selling pre made upholstery for the arm rests and they are ready to install, at very reasonable prices, I think cheaper then buying the leather materials you would need?

Another option, is plastic inserts; by Coverlay and they just screw into the door panel, you could paint them to any desired color, if you wanted to change them to a unique purple cast.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doing this myself will cost $20-$40. I was asking to see if anyone knew the dimensions off the top of their head, in hopes that someone may have already done what I am doing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts