NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
PuertoRican
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passenger door opens only with the inside handle, it does not open with the outside handle. Once the door is open with the inside handle, I am able to open it with the outside handle. Otherwise it is impossible to open from outside.

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,639 Posts
I had a similar issue when the dealer fixed the passenger side window regulator in the wife's NB; we had to "double click" the door handle. Basically two quick, but gentle pulls in succession and the door would open.

We took it back to the dealer and they fixed it for nothing.

·
Super smart senior member
857 Posts
The passenger door opens only with the inside handle, it does not open with the outside handle. Once the door is open with the inside handle, I am able to open it with the outside handle. Otherwise it is impossible to open from outside.
There is a cable inside the handle that could be coming loose, you can open the door, use your key and turn a little plastic nut that is level with the handle and the cover should pop off, there you can disconnect the cable from the handle, give it a good pull. If the door opens, then its the cable, if not then it might be inside the door, a little harder to get to but not terrible.

·
Registered
85 Posts
my 03 vert does the same thing n the pass side, first quick pull causes the windows to lower (1/2 inch) to clear the top and the second pull opens the door...i always assumed this was normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts