VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a bug cheap, I got the fenders covered but the passenger side door skirt area is pretty bad banged up, what would be the best fix for it? does it come off? or will it need to be cut off? here is a pic of the rear park the front part of it is about the same. And in the picture where the fender would meet the body there is those set of dents, can I take the interior panel off and get to them from the inside to roll out? (if you can see those dents sorry about the bad pic)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
No way to get to it from the inside. It is replaceable, Both front and rear fenders have to come off to replace it. With parts, labor and paint most shops are about 1000 for the repair.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No way to get to it from the inside. It is replaceable, Both front and rear fenders have to come off to replace it. With parts, labor and paint most shops are about 1000 for the repair.
So that skirt can be replaced? And those dents on the body cannot be gotten to from the inside?

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
The dents in the "quarter panel" can be gotten to from the inside but it is tight. The panel under the door can be replaced. It is spot welded on. Last tme I looked they were around 200 for a VW part.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dents in the "quarter panel" can be gotten to from the inside but it is tight. The panel under the door can be replaced. It is spot welded on. Last tme I looked they were around 200 for a VW part.
okay well it looks like tomorrow I am going to take apart the interior and take care of those dents, and find a way to get the old door skirt off. thanks for the help!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I did

To save some money and have the diy experience I started to take that door skirt piece off today, I am about half way done, finding and taking car of all those spot welds is a pain in the rear end. I will get it off the rest of the way Monday. post pics then. whenever I get my parts car to fix mine I am going to over cut the old one out and size it down to fit. Then mig weld it in like any other body panels I have done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts