1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm 99.999% positive that part will fit your car. I don't think VW changed a lot for 06' other bumpers and fenders. Mostly everything that will fit a 98-05 will fit a 06-10.
I haven't removed my trim, but I think there are 2(?) Screws under the window seal in the door.
Hope that helps you!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm 99.999% positive that part will fit your car. I don't think VW changed a lot for 06' other bumpers and fenders. Mostly everything that will fit a 98-05 will fit a 06-10.
I haven't removed my trim, but I think there are 2(?) Screws under the window seal in the door.
Hope that helps you!

Thank you for your help. Some threads about removal of B-pillar trim
can be found on this forum but all the pictures are invisible, which
is a pity.

http://newbeetle.org/forums/paint-body/20891-how-remove-window-trim-b-pillar-door-trim.html

http://newbeetle.org/forums/paint-body/19280-how-do-you-remove-b-pillar-window-trim.html

·
Registered
423 Posts
You could go to your local salvage yard and see if there is a beetle there and remove those for practice. That's what I usually do when there are no DIYs. The beetles at my salvage yard got crushed, sadly, and now I have to go out of town or else I would go there and take pics for you :(

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hope that helps you!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@:cool::cool::cool::cool:
Thanks, I went to the junk yard yesterday but found nothing. Yes, there are two screws
behind the trim(shown on the attached pic) but I still have hard time in figuring out
how to remove the trim properly. There were once a couple of threads on this forum about
trim removal but the pictures are invisible now. Sad.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See the red clouded positions where the screws are supposed to be.
I cannot imagine how to get access to those screws behind the trim.

Any ideas?:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
You want to roll the window down and pull the trim off that touches the window. I will see if I can get some pictures on my car during my lunch break. They will be poor quality though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts