NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Have had a look through threads, but others issues tend to be more up/down issues.

This morning my drivers door window was frozen to the rubber surrounding the door. I carefully opened the door, but the door was difficult to shut. I tried to lower the window, but this too was frozen ... I shut the door, eventually.

This evening, I went to the car and noticed that the window was slightly open. I can turn the ignition on and raid the window, but as soon as I take the key out of the ignition, the window drops slightly as it is expecting me to get out of the car ... so the problem is:

1) the window does not auto-raise the last 1/2 inch when the door closes, and

2) the 'one touch' fully up or fully down operation does not work. HELP!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year is your New Beetle and is it a convertible?
It is a 2013 .... non-convertible.

I watched this YouTube video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37dnXOQS5pU

and also had some advice off another NB owner - but it was no use, the window one-touch operation and the auto-raise would not work.

I was passing by the dealer on Friday - so called in, and they looked at it there and then (which is unusual). The motor set up would not retain the limit settings apparently, so it required a new motor, which sounds extreme to me?...but it's fixed now. It does go to show that the user re-setting of the limits though will not fix all issues, Sadly ....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts