VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 Turbo S, driver's door won't seal when shut, air leaking in when driving. Seals are good, lock works fine. Seems the door needs to go "in" more. Any adjustment?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I only know the convertible NB, so I cannot add a lot for the non convertibles. Suggest you buy one of these - http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-52500-M...448&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=Lisle+stethoscope

You want either this specific one of a stethoscope that has a single hose that connects to the transducer that you can extend the hose on.

Then you can use this to try and locate the noise more directly and in the specific location while driving. It may be a bit tricky since the problem is on the drivers side.

Once the problem is narrowed down, you can then determine if the problem is the door or window seal and try to address the problem from there.

·
Bugabu
62 Posts
I had a similar issue with an SL 500. I took off the weather seal and used a 1/4" diameter rope about 14 inches long placing it in the rail dead center lengthwise where the seal goes, it pushes the seal outward giving a tighter seal to the window.Not only the does the rope push the seal outward it also conforms to the rail where the windows curves downward toward the front of the door jam.Its saved me a couple of hours instead of taking the door panel off to adjust the window.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts