VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched high and low for procedures / videos / posts on maintaining all of the drains for my NBC, but haven't been able to locate anything!

I don't (currently) have any leaking problems, but want to keep it that way!

The only thing I've been able to find are videos on cleaning out the area around the cabin filter up front, but I'm assuming there is a drain or some sort at the back of the top but can't find anything!

Any help or links would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
You need to remove the windshield wipers (typically need a small puller that is sold at the parts store for under $15), then remove the cowling.

Remove the front top portion of the dash like to access the cabin air filter and then remove the access cover on the drivers side as well.

Using a vacuum cleaner, electric leaf blower and garden hose you get busy and get all the debris out of the cowl area from both the front and inside the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maintaining a your car is very important. You should always have a regular clean up done according to the manufacturer jacking and supporting positions. If the drains are not cleaned regularly then it can cause clogging and mold build up under the carpet. This was the case with me once, there was mold build up in my car and even in my basement due to bad plumbing. After trying many of the things like using vacuum cleaner and all, I have to finally call upon expert for my car and drain cleaning company NJ for my basement plumbing problem to get all the things fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts