NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background
2000 NB TDI 128,000 miles oil change every 5k had the stealer "Clean" the intake last year. I suspect this was noting more then a $100 gumout treatment.

I put about 2700 mile last week on my NB finishing up with a 1000 mile jaunt home. I filled up in Maryland and we were off. I noticed that when I set my cruse for 75 the car would lose about 6 mph on the hills. I figured this for the full load of goodies I had. After about 600 miles I hit a backup and I creped along for about 15 miles. When the traffic broke I could not go faster then 70MPH floored. I just went under 1/4 tank so I decided to stop and fill up. I was almost rear ended on the feeder road because I could not pick up speed. I filled up and check the oil, the oil was fine. When I got back going again the car ran fine.

What do you think? Bad Diesel, for failing turbo?

Thanks

·
Wicked Customs
28 Posts
Whens the last time you replaced your fuel filter, I had that happen in my cummins, It wouldnt go over 70mph!! It did the tank before, I filled up with shell diesel and it clogged the filter up. I think you got some bad diesel, and it killed the fuel filter... Cheap fix IMO.. -Jordan

·
180 Degrees out of faze
841 Posts
Was it cold at the time? Could have been gelled fuel in the fuel filter. Or, just a bad tank of fuel if it is normal now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds like a bad MAF sensor to me. Easily replaced for about $80.00. To check, unplug the sensor and see if some of the power comes back.

The MAF is the is inline between the air-filter box and the intake. Un-plug and drive. You will know.

You also need to check out www.tdiclub.com. This site is a must for VW diesel owners

1 - 4 of 4 Posts