slotted
drilled and slotted
stock

any ebay ones can be used ?

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Stock.

Drilling and slotting are overrated. I've tried both, I race my car, I daily drive my car, I always brake hard. I'm back to solid (but vented) rotors. drilled & slotted make no measurable difference. They LOOK nice. Deffinately more of a bling item than performance.

I'd suggest brembo rotors, but sure, you could use any brand as long as they're made to fit your car.

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
If you buy slotted and /or cast with holes brakes (avoid drilled ones like the plage) youll have better bite, and they will cool down faster.

If you keep solid rotors, youll brake harder and your pads will last a lot longer.

When in rain (a lot) solids are more prone to slipping.

In my HO if you fing good rotors cheap..good if not, they are not worth the $$$$, better buy better pads (those can make a huge diference)

best regards

·
20V GTRS
1,120 Posts
I had brembo drilled and slotted in the front and rear with yellow stuff pads, it helped a little. Then I swithced the fronts to the solid vented TT225 rotors and Mintex pads and it mad a BIG difference.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah, I noticed when I went to the ECS Tuning stock sized Slotted / crossdrilled rotors for my front brakes, it takes a while for them to heat up, and at first they didn't stop as well. :p I'm using the Mintex Red box pads I got from ECS as well. I think I paid about 50% less than what VW wanted (Around $360) for all 4 wheels, Slotted / Crossdrilled rotors for the front, slotted for rears, + pads. I'm thinking once I go past the resurfacing tolerance of the rotors, gonna go either slotted, or vented solid rotors again.

·
Above average
527 Posts
I've bought a complete set of drilled Zimmermann discs. They work perfect in combination with the original VW brakepads (and they are lookers too...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts