NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
irregular member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really don`t like the drive by wire system or concept. Is there a way to convert it to drive by cable? I`ve seen it done for several other cars including other VWs.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
I really don`t like the drive by wire system or concept. Is there a way to convert it to drive by cable? I`ve seen it done for several other cars including other VWs.
Why would you want to? You wont get the same throttle response as a drive by wire.

·
irregular member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whenever I get the car, I want to be able to own it for several years and not have to deal with parts that are nla. Also, how can a drive by cable system not be as responsive as a drive by wire system? The cable system has fewer moving parts and is directly linked to the throttle body. If anything it should be more responsive than the drive by wire system.

·
Probably MIA
2,799 Posts
First of all, they don't fail very often. Second of all, parts availability is not an issue with modern VW's.

Sent from my DROID2

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Also, how can a drive by cable system not be as responsive as a drive by wire system? The cable system has fewer moving parts and is directly linked to the throttle body. If anything it should be more responsive than the drive by wire system.

One of the many reasons it was pioneered by the areo-space industry was because it has less moving parts.
In all my years of driving I have never felt a cable throttle control that had the same response as a DBW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts