VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Beetle GL TDI, A /T Hatchback
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have the #00591 on my 2003 VW Beetle TDI with /AT. A few local salvage cars at Pic & Pulls have the Driver side buckle assembly. Several also have the air bags deployed so I know they worked. Would you go for a Blown bag buckle or one that had no front end damage and the bag not deployed. I lean to the blown bag buckle since it had to work. The unblown could be like mine. What say?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
A buckle that has been in an accident will also throw a code, you will need to find a buckle that has not been in an accident.

If you remove your front seat and then remove the buckle from the seat you will likely find one of the two wires running to the buckle is broken and can be repaired.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply and info. Obviously my thoughts were wrong. Will give your suggestion a try when temps abate. Very warm in South Tn.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RESOLVED Replaced the defective one with new OEM Black. Colors are NLA. The old Gray one had 4 wires. Located a source for $98 incl S&H. Installed and cleared the warning light (VCDS Light) and all is well. Detected no explosive device on the buckle assembly . The shoulder belt at B pillar may have a explosive tensioner though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts