NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a little while ago the driver's seat in my wife's beetle stopped locking into place. The handle near the head rest still works and activates the ability to pull the top part of the seat forward, and when you push the top back it locks into place, HOWEVER the base will not lock into the floor. When you get off the chair it actually levitates up a bit. My concern is if there is an accident even though the seat belt is on, the seat is not secured to the floor.

Anyone have insights on fixing this? is it repairable? Possibly spring or wire broken?

Appreciate any help or direction. I was able to find a few threads on the top handle breaking but nothing on the base not locking in.

·
Super Moderator
14,724 Posts
Is something blocking it? That was the case when that happened with mine.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have the same problem with my driver's seat, but it does lock in eventually. (Sometimes when I sit in it...I call it 'Dolly's Surprise! Same for passengers on the other side) I can tell this is going to be a permanent issue soon, so very interested to hear the results of this. I'm sure it's a cable issue.. see ECS Tuning for a replacement. Let me know how you get on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

Got excited when D2Beetle shared the link. No luck. My pin is still there and holding the hinge in place, but in looking closer I noticed I have a loose mechanism below that is surely causing the issue. I'm missing a tiny clip from there and possibly a plastic piece looks broken.

I think I'm going to try getting another seat from a wrecker nearby, don't think mine is repairable and I do the parts place will sell me these tiny pieces. We'll see.

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,634 Posts
Got excited when D2Beetle shared the link. No luck. My pin is still there and holding the hinge in place, but in looking closer I noticed I have a loose mechanism below that is surely causing the issue. I'm missing a tiny clip from there and possibly a plastic piece looks broken.

I think I'm going to try getting another seat from a wrecker nearby, don't think mine is repairable and I do the parts place will sell me these tiny pieces. We'll see.
Dang! Take some pics, let us see the broken clip that you mentioned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts