NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 03 NBC and I just noticed that the driver side door's arrester has completely disconnected, in fact looks to have broken in the middle, from the door itself. The arm part coming out of the car frame is now rubbing on the door itself and of course the door will no longer stay open no matter how far you open the door.

I have noticed for a long time that the door made a loud popping noise at times and it has always had a habit of falling closed with any movement of the vehicle, so I know it has been wearing for quite some time, I just didn't realize a thick metal piece could completely break in half. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if you think it is necessary to fix? Also has anyone found this part online? I cannot find it in any online part catalogs, nor on ebay motors. In the attached PDF, it is part 12 that is broke in half.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Confirmed!

Yes, confirmed here, position #9
2003 New Beetle Cabrio VW Replacement Parts

Indicated as part number 1C0 837 249 C check rod - door

ECS is not necessarily the cheapest place for parts, sometimes quite high actually. Google the part number and see what comes up.

There are many, many online VW Dearler Parts Depts and VW Parts Resellers, prices can vary by as much as double, for the same part. Most have the ability for you to confirm, through them, the part number, have your VIN available.

I have a list of about 20 online resources for parts, both Dealers and Resellers, p/m me for the list if you want to shop around.

Since you apparently have a Bentley, it should tell you the replacement procedure. It is in the door r&r section. I think this piece may even have a release feature, to release and swing the door all the way open, if memory serves me right. Why would you not want to fix it? Who wants their door free-swinging?

MORAV

·
Registered
7 Posts
Steve

I have a great fix for this issue, just made all the parts and fitted them this weekend to the wife's 2010 cabriolet, modification works a treat:D and has saved me having to replace the complete door:cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
there is no way tack welds will fix this issue if the U Clamps has broken away from the door, see below if you want a permanent fix for this common issue:

It happen to the wife's 2010 cabriolet, the U-Clamp mount that is on the door side broke off from inside the door, the welds snapped:mad: The VW fix is to replace the whole door which is a big and expensive job which was never going to happen :mad: . So I've designed a modification to replace the U-Clamp mount, fitted the parts at the weekend and it works really well :D If you are interested in this modification feel free to email me [email protected] and I'll send you some pictures of the modification it could save you £1000's :)

Check this modification out, email me if you wanted further details:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts