NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:Hello everyone, I am new to the site and just got a 1999 beetle given to me! YAY.. Im not sure what trim it has but I can take a picture and post. Anyway.. the mirror on the visor has the piece that covers it and turns off the light missing and the light stays on. There is a piece of tape in it now.. but it keeps turning back on and I cant get it to stay off. Has anyone had this problem and if so do you have a solution to get the light to stay off. Im worried its going to drain the battery and its getting hot. I have been trying everything to put in the little hole to make it stay off and it does for a second but then pops back on. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
:confused:Hello everyone, I am new to the site and just got a 1999 beetle given to me! YAY.. Im not sure what trim it has but I can take a picture and post. Anyway.. the mirror on the visor has the piece that covers it and turns off the light missing and the light stays on. There is a piece of tape in it now.. but it keeps turning back on and I cant get it to stay off. Has anyone had this problem and if so do you have a solution to get the light to stay off. Im worried its going to drain the battery and its getting hot. I have been trying everything to put in the little hole to make it stay off and it does for a second but then pops back on. Thanks!
Hi
I have same problem! Some one got in the car and broke off the mirror piece. I was told to just take the light bulb out of the light. But if you figured a way to rig it with tape or something I’d like to hear how! I believe there is a way to unplug the visor too....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts