NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(2.5 2006 new beetle)
My driver's side sun visor has a limp. Let me explain...

You know how the drivers side sun visor clicks into place when you push it back up, or pull it down? It makes that terrible click noise that sounds like you're breaking something. (I'm assuming its supposed to make that noise, it has since I bought the car used @51k miles).

Well recently it stopped clicking. And now when I push it up to stay flush against the ceiling it slowly falls back down on its own. So somethings screwed up, broken, or missing. Just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them and have the solution. Hopefully its a small part inside of it versus getting a whole new apparatus.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
My guess is that a piece has broken off the clip that it snaps into (hopefully not the other way around), these clips are available on eBay, used for sure, possibly new, and from Dealers and online new parts resellers. Take a close look at the two pieces, if you can see nothing, look at the other side and compare. For a temporary fix, you might be able to wrap a piece of masking tape around the part on the sunvisor itself.

MORAV

1 - 2 of 2 Posts