NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2004 NB Convertible I have a driver-side window problem: Normally, when opening the doors, the front windows drop slightly for the glass to pass under the seal grove in the top. When the doors close, the windows close up again automatically. My driver-side window appears not drop down and close back up automatically as the door opens and closes. It wedges towards the outside of the seal grove. Only opening the window slightly and closing it manually does the job. How could the problem be corrected ? Thank you for your suggestions and help.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Your drivers door latch needs to be replaced.

Part wholesale is about $130, labor to install from someone that knows how to work on these cars should be about 1.5 hours?

Someone that had never replaced the door latch, I would not let them do the job.

·
Registered
14,052 Posts
hknippi, please do NOT buy parts from that vendor; mostly chinese poor quality knock off stuff; many complaints and horror stories about that company (TDI CLUB: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=279633).

Check online for genuine VW parts; Dorman makes aftermarket door latches but again, I think real genuine VW parts are the way to go on this particular part. Maybe others can confirm; what their experiences have been.

Check out some online genuine VW parts places:

Volkswagen Parts 2Go | Genuine VW Parts 25% Off
VW Parts | Volkswagen Parts

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hknippi, please do NOT buy parts from that vendor; mostly chinese poor quality knock off stuff; many complaints and horror stories about that company (TDI CLUB: Rothenbacher Engineering - TDIClub Forums).

Check online for genuine VW parts; Dorman makes aftermarket door latches but again, I think real VW parts are the way to go on this particular part. Maybe others can confirm; what their experiences have been.

Check out some online genuine VW parts places:

Volkswagen Parts 2Go | Genuine VW Parts 25% Off
VW Parts | Volkswagen Parts
Billymade,
Thank you for answering my thread and your suggestion. I will reconsider.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts