NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was walking out of the grocery store w/ a little caloric sustinance for the family when I saw an older Lady looking at our 2004 NB. I said "Hi" and she said "I really like your car" I said "Thanks we love it."

She then pointed to her Urban Assualt Vehicle (full sized Oldsmobile 70's vintage, very clean looked like new) and said "I hate my car, its soo big, It is in great shape though ...I won't be driving that much longer"...then after a pause "I think I might wreck it."

So sadly the NB surfaced one eldery drivers hatred for her current mod-O-transportation. So if you happen to be in the Little Rock area look out for a large Osmobile w/ a very unhappy car owner. :)

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
kitsBug said:
I was walking out of the grocery store w/ a little caloric sustinance for the family when I saw an older Lady looking at our 2004 NB. I said "Hi" and she said "I really like your car" I said "Thanks we love it."

She then pointed to her Urban Assualt Vehicle (full sized Oldsmobile 70's vintage, very clean looked like new) and said "I hate my car, its soo big, It is in great shape though ...I won't be driving that much longer"...then after a pause "I think I might wreck it."

So sadly the NB surfaced one eldery drivers hatred for her current mod-O-transportation. So if you happen to be in the Little Rock area look out for a large Osmobile w/ a very unhappy car owner. :)
Mom?

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
CrazyJames said:
LOL, that made my day.

My husband's 88 year old grandmother came by my work to see me one day in a similar vehicle. I was worried about her driving so I watched out the window as she backed up and pulled out into traffic. With the cardboard sunscreen still in the front windshield.

On a different day, the same Granny showed up at my husband's office (drove 30 miles to get there) to tell him to cancel her subscription to the newspaper, as she is going blind.:eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yep....living in the epicenter of the Natural State....The lady seemed to be a really nice ..she just was very dissatisfied w/ the Titanic mobile......I think you have nothing to fear however as she really likes the NB......

·
WolfsburgEdition Advocate
78 Posts
heh, now that i've owned mine for all of 5 days, i can add my 2 cents...

I stopped my bug into a WaWa on friday night, the night of the day i bought it, so my friend could get something to eat. I sat outside with my music, lettin the car stay warm and all, and a lady came out what looked like an old caprice station wagon and was walking around my car staring. i rolled the windows down and she asked "is this a new color?" and i replied "no, its vortex blue, a limited edition color from volkswagen...its an '01" and she explained to me how jealous she was.

She wasnt so nice afterwards when i downshifted into 4th to put her POS in its place on rt.9....

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
deeceedub said:
LOL, that made my day.

My husband's 88 year old grandmother came by my work to see me one day in a similar vehicle. I was worried about her driving so I watched out the window as she backed up and pulled out into traffic. With the cardboard sunscreen still in the front windshield.

On a different day, the same Granny showed up at my husband's office (drove 30 miles to get there) to tell him to cancel her subscription to the newspaper, as she is going blind.:eek:hnoes:
:scared:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts