VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of winters ago after an east coast ice storm my car was covered with ice. I couldn't get the driver's side door open so I yanked on the handle and... it came loose. It did not come off completely but the handle came out further than it should, some clip or something broke internally.

It still works, this was I think 1.5 years ago and the lock works with both the remote and key, and the door handle works if I'm gentle with it. After opening the door I have to push it back into place but so far so good but getting worse and worse.

I'm looking to fix this, but I am not exactly sure what part I need. Saw a bunch of videos on YT showing how to R&R the lock assembly, but as far as I can tell my lock assembly is working fine, and I'd rather avoid taking the door apart if I can avoid it. Dealer quoted $490 to do this and i'm not even sure it's necessary.

Looks like there is a torx screw in the side of the door which holds the assembly in place, I will take that out to have a look, but I won't want to have the whole thing fall apart and then not have the parts I need.

Any tips welcome thanks!

Uncle

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Moved to Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts