VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Beetle Convertible and the drivers seat is rocking (front to back) I checked it out and found the bolts on the seat track are tight and it appears the seat is rocking back and forth within the seat rail itself. I compared it to the passenger seat (which doesn’t have this issue) and it looks like there is a small white nylon piece in the track up near the front that the seat slide in, however on the drivers side I can’t see that same nylon piece in the track at all…maybe over time it totally disintegrated or something. Ordered a replacement, which I hope is the right part (given there wasn’t an old one, nothing to compare it to) and I’m getting ready to attack this project.

Does anyone know how to get inside the seat track to replace these or know of a “how to guide” posted anywhere I can look at as a reference? Would like to avoid having to disconnect all of the cables if possible and just change it out in the car (airbags, heated, leather seats). Can I unbolt the seats and turn it over without disconnecting everything and removing the seats?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Red99...thanks for the reply. That parts diagram was better than the one I ordered from. Just seems odd to me that I can't find anyone that has any pictures of the actual removal or replacement of the guides themselves, maybe it's just so easy it's not really required :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
What part?

I asked VW about this and they said a piece of plastic needs replacing BUT didn't say what the part was. Is there a seller?
Link to seat diagram no longer available :-(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts