VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and searched through this site but found no problems like I am having. There are obviously many issues with the power windows but here is whats going on with mine. 99 Beetle..drivers power window all of a sudden will not work. It is all the way up. I loosened the door panel to start troubleshooting. With everything still attached but the door panel hanging, when you hit the switch the motor just clicks. The passenger window works fine so I took the wire harnesses off the switches and swapped them. The Passenger window still worked but the driver window just clicked so I ruled out the switch right away and ordered a remanufactured motor. When that arrived I installed it figuring this would be the fix and it just clicked. I pulled the motor off the door and it still just clicked. With the motor off the door I can take the window and push it down and up so I know the regulator is ok. Thinking I may have a bad remanufactured motor I asked a friend that has a 98 and his window works if I could try his motor. I put his on my car and it just clicks. Reading several threads here on this board, I checked the wire harness the best I could and it does not seem as though there are any broken wires, but it is hard to tell the way the harness is run throughout the door and completely covered. Any other ideas? Any? Thank you in advance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts