NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i rolled my drivers side window down and it got stuck halfway between up and down. i can hear my motor running, but i can also hear a grinding noise. how would one go about getting the window to go back up?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Grab the glass from both sides, usually with your palms and try to pull the window back up. You may need to have someone operate the switch while trying to pull up on the window.

If you get the window up, you may need to run tape over the top of the window frame to hold the window up, assuming it is not a convertible. Or you may need to pull the door panel and put a wood block under the glass to keep it up.

If you cannot pull the window up this way, it is likely a problem with the cables and you will have to remove the door panel and deal with it from inside the door panel.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Step By step Fixed the window probem in car..
Locate the fuse box, usually under the dashboard near the steering wheel, and check for blown fuses, easily identified by a break in the metallic strip running up the center of the clear fuse.
Replace the fuse and see if that fixed the car window.
Check for loose wires going into or coming out of the fuse box.
Check the window control switch.
Remove plastic access panels on the door following manufacturer's directions.
Pull back insulation, if your car has it, to expose the electric window motor.
Tape the window glass in place in the closed position using masking tape to prevent it slipping down while working with the window motor and regulator.
Replace electric window motor if necessary, following instructions included with new motor.
Take the window regulator out of the door panel by removing the mounting bolts
Remove masking tape, and check window operation to make sure it is working properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts