NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Stuck in Massachusetts
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel silly posting this but I am stumped! On the drive to work yesterday I noticed the drivers window wouldn't go down. It doesn't drop when I open the door, use the key in the door or anything. All the other windows work fine. The top will not work as well. I was leaning towards it being a bad microswitch in the door lock assembly but that shouldn't effect just the drivers window would it? I've searched here on the site and though some issues are similar to mine none are exact. Could it be just a bad fuse? If so which fuse should I check?

·
Stuck in Massachusetts
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should also mention that the door light does come on when I open the door and the door responds to all remote functions except rolling the window down with the key in the lock.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Sounds like a strange problem.

Door latch will not impact the window from working that I am aware of.

Likely an electrical issue or a bad window motor, however, I have not heard of a lot of window motors failing.

There is also a module on the window motor that controls a lot of the electronics.

What happens if you use the master window switch or the key in the door? Do all windows drop except the drivers window?

You may need a scan tool that will read the drive door module information.

Ross Tech VCDS will do this, but it is not easy to understand and use for a novice.

This tool for $45 may do the job?? Cannot say 100% but it reads a lot of other modules.

Amazon.com: Hot MaxScan VAG405 Code Reader OBD2 EOBD CAN BUS VW Audi: Car Electronics

·
Stuck in Massachusetts
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Narrowed it to the window motor. I've got the door panel off and removed the motor but kept it plugged in. When I operate the switch I can feel the relay clicking in the motor assembly but the motor doesn't do anything. I pulled the motor out completely and popped it apart. The motor has a nice burnt smell and there is a groove worn in the magnets around the windings. I didn't see anything fall out of the housing but it does feel bound when trying to turn it by hand. Off to find a replacement motor....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! I am having the same issue. My drive side front window is stuck and will not respond to any commands. All of my other windows are responsive only to the master switch and key unlock. My convertible top will not go down but when I act as if I’m about to put it down all windows go down a little except my driver. Were you able to get your issue resolved? This is a little weird and I’m not sure if you ran in to this issue as well but when I am driving my other windows (minus driver) will randomly roll themselves down. Any ideas? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not that I know that much about these issues, but I ran across a reset for the windows, which apparently affect the top operation. If you have your owners manual, it might be in there as well.

Try this:

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not that I know that much about these issues, but I ran across a reset for the windows, which apparently affect the top operation. If you have your owners manual, it might be in there as well.

Try this:

will I be able to attempt this even if my driver side window is completely unresponsive? All of my window switches are unresponsive except my master switch and it controls all except my driver. Basically my whole driver panel is screwed (lock and unlock, Mirrors, windows)

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts