NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its not a New Beetle centered event, but its a VW/Audi show benefiting charity. Figured I would post it here and see if we could get some more people out to it.

Dubs for a Cause started last year. Every year, they are choosing a new charity to benefit. The show is free, but they ask that you bring a canned good for a food bank donation. Its at Apex Tuning in Apex, NC. Great people and a great location. Its organized by the NC chapter of H2O Tuning, the same group who puts Southern Worthersee together.

Hopefully a few folks from here can make it out. Should be a great time. My husband and I will be there, probably in our mk1 Jetta.

About | Dubs For A Cause

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its ok. Apex Tuning puts on a few events over the winter. They are doing a Toys for Tots show this winter at least. They may do a coat drive show as well (they have done both in the past). I really like how they do shows for charity in the winter months. Gets everyone out for a good cause :)

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I had a short work day today so went by and talked to the guys at Apex Tuning about the event this Saturday. They gave me an overview, said there would be about 100 -150 cars or more, food and drink for sale, as well as some shop specials but didn't have a lot of detailed information regarding show competition or the raffle(s?) as that's being handled by someone else. They seemed excited that several New Beetles might show up from the Org. (one of the guys used to be in it when he had one) and said if we showed up together they would see that we were clustered parked together. To come to the "show" is free but they didn't know about any entry fees or how the raffle worked until tomorrow when someone is supposed to come by with the final details. So, I'm hoping a few Org members will join me there. There's a joBangles nearby where we could form up as well as other options. I think there was a car wash downtown Apex as well.

About | Dubs For A Cause

1 - 5 of 5 Posts