NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
GENETIX RACING
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just Ran A My Car On The Dyno Last Night I Was A Little Dissappointed In The Numbers I Thought I Would Have More With The Mods I Have: 2.5" Turbo Back Apr, Apr 91 Octane Chip,
4 Bar,iceman Intake, N75 Race Valve, Forge Dv 007.

Max Power 156.79
Max Torque 203.34

Any Body Else Have Plots Lets Compare

My Friends Stock 2001 Vr6 With Intake Got

Max Power 156.03
Max Torque 162

·
175 Posts
This is a dyno from a while back. My only mods at the time were snowboxectomy with K&N filter, mufflerectomy and a boost controller set at 6 psi and 11 psi respectively. Since this seems to provide the same/similar #'s as a chipped APH I'm happy with it at minimal cost. I have since set the boost to about 12-14 psi and it pulls much harder than before so I know my numbers are a little higher now.

Attachments

·
175 Posts
Nothing is wrong, it's the curse of the APH motor, it's power is a bit limited compared to the AVW.

·
175 Posts
The AVW has bigger fuel injectors, a better turbo, variable valve timing ect. ect. The list goes on and on. Basically it has more power potential. In mid year 2001 they switched from APH to AVW .

·
GENETIX RACING
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I Beat Is300's With Out A Performance Exhuast AND TheY Have Like Approx. 211 Hp On The Dealer Sticker So I Have To Have More Then I Dynoed I Still Don't Believe It All That Just TO Reach Awv Stock Status Crazy.

Damn Apr For Putting Up Fake Dynos

·
175 Posts
Dyno numbers are just that....numbers. I beat cars all the time with much more horsepower than mine. If you enjoy your car and it feels fast to you and gives you that rush feeling then that's all that really matters. Just to put things in perspective: At our local raceway a guy had a 600 hp Supra with slight traction problems and could only get low 13's in the 1/4 mile. A dyno queen does not always mean it's fast or more importantly....FUN.

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
Dood, why the 91 octane APR program? U live in Florida and most pumps are 93! :rolleyes: :D

If u think ur 'faster then 211 crank HP' (180 whp), then let's hook up so I can show you what the AWV engine w/ the 93 octane APR program w/ similar mods to yours can do (200 whp/245 tq)...;)

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
hygieneboy said:
Dyno numbers are just that....numbers. I beat cars all the time with much more horsepower than mine. If you enjoy your car and it feels fast to you and gives you that rush feeling then that's all that really matters. Just to put things in perspective: At our local raceway a guy had a 600 hp Supra with slight traction problems and could only get low 13's in the 1/4 mile. A dyno queen does not always mean it's fast or more importantly....FUN.
Word...:cool:

·
GENETIX RACING
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They Don't Make 93 Octane Chips For The Aph Its Only 91 But If You Use 93 Gas Then It Will Add A Little More Thats What The Guy For Apr Told Me. I Know Its Just Numbers, Just Thought More............

And Is That A Challange!!!!! Lol You Would Crush Me Bil

Sometimes I Wish I Would've Put That Sr20 In My 240sx And Kept On Driven Sideways, Damn
But I Still Love My Little Alien

·
20V GTRS
1,120 Posts
I will have to dig hard to try and find my old Dyno sheet on my first GLX. At the time the mods I had were : p-flow, TT catback, newspeed DP, 4-bar, ABD TIP, and SlpitSecond boost controller set at 11psi. I was hitting ~174 whp and ~245 wtq.

I am waiting to get with one of my buddies here and put my current GLX on the Dyno packs and see what I am hitting. Current mods are in my sig.

·
my turbo is bigger!!!!!!!
502 Posts
i wish i dynoed : ( i want to see what my car made on 26 psi

1 - 20 of 30 Posts