VW Beetle Forum banner

Easiest 2" lift?

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Biancapool 
#1 ·
I'm looking to raise the beetle, (2009 2.5). I'd like to raise it 2" or enough to put some 29-30 inch all terrain tires on the stock rims. Don't think I would get rubbing with 30s and 2" of lift but I may be wrong? I've looked through the information already on the site and it seems like the metalnerd kit is a good start.

Is there anything specific that I would need to purchase or tools I would need to do it myself or is the best option just taking it in to someone? Any ideas on final cost?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

#2 ·
The EASIEST 2" lift is the Metalnerd kit.

You'll need spring compressors to do it yourself (and there's some special tool to remove the strut towers if memory serves). I just lifted mine 1" using the Evo lift kit, all new shocks/struts (Bilstein TC) and replaced a bunch of other bushings, tie rods, etc. whilst it was up in the air. Got a local shop to do it for around $700 labour.

#3 ·
Jetta VR6 front springs, Jetta wagon rear springs (all Mk4).

I did a 2" lift on my "spare" Bug last summer for under $40 (scrapyard parts).

But yes, you will need a spring compressor for the front coils.

I'm running 225/65R15s, had to cut out a little bit of the rear fender liners, but other than that, no scrubbing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.