VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I recently installed a pair of Helix eCode HID headlights on my nB. Unfortunately, the eBay seller shipped them without any kind of booklet or manual. The lights look great and light up the road great, but I have a feeling that they are currently set for left hand drive instead of right hand drive. If I remove the headlight's back cover I notice moveable parts but I'm not sure what to do. Does anyone have these headlights who can offer some insight?

·
It's a shot glass!
1,530 Posts
if your light pattern is similar to this pic when you light up a wall you should be fine. Notice how the light raises towards the right. If it raises to the left then you have the left hand drive ecodes.

Take a pick of those moveable parts that you noticed, to see what you mean.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'm under the impression that they can go back and forth between both drives because they are motor ready like european nBeetles. I will photograph tomorrow hopefully, when it's not raining.

·
It's a shot glass!
1,530 Posts
If they have somekind of lever on the shield then you might be able to change the pattern. Some ecode projectors have a lever that would change the pattern from ecode pattern to north american pattern(flat cutoff line) like these projetors.

If not, you might be able to swith the pattern by flipping the shield manually, though this would require taking the headlamp apart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts