NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered from ECS Tuning (http://www.ecstuning.com) a few times now, and they still amaze me.

First order was done on a Wednesday, and I received it on a Friday (no special shipping).

Second order included aftermarket rear brake rotors (probably Graf brand). I get a call the next day, which went a little like this:

"Sir, we're currently backordered on the aftermarket rotors. Is it okay if we upgrade you to the Brembo rotors at the same price?"
"Sure, if it's the same price."
"Okay, some people are particular about what brands they buy."

:goodjob: :goodjob: They've definitely made a customer out of me!

-Des

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Deserion said:
I've ordered from ECS Tuning (http://www.ecstuning.com) a few times now, and they still amaze me.

First order was done on a Wednesday, and I received it on a Friday (no special shipping).

Second order included aftermarket rear brake rotors (probably Graf brand). I get a call the next day, which went a little like this:

"Sir, we're currently backordered on the aftermarket rotors. Is it okay if we upgrade you to the Brembo rotors at the same price?"
"Sure, if it's the same price."
"Okay, some people are particular about what brands they buy."

:goodjob: :goodjob: They've definitely made a customer out of me!

-Des
I agree Des, ECS has always gotten my orders right out the door, and I have been 100% satisfied with my dealings with them.

Unfortunately, they are physically located in Ohio, so I cannot use any of their "tuning" services..:(

Great place to buy your on-line parts though, they are the first place I go when I am looking for any item.

TechnoTrix'd.....:wave3:

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
I have been recommending ECStuning for years and they deserve every single dollar they have earned off of my referrals. I just wish they would slide me some freebies for all the cash they made off me. :lol:

Seriously though they are phenomanal and they are the only people I will let touch my cars. :goodjob:

hehehe here is a pic of Pomelo on the rack.:D

·
2008 "Fowvay" yellow NB
574 Posts
If it's good enough for Fowvay it's good enough for me. They are the only ones who work on my car except me. (us;)) I also got a great deal on brake rotors. I checked online and it said they had Ate slotted rotors in stock so I drove out to pick some up. I get there and they are not in stock so I got ECS drilled and slotted rotors for the same price. I'm so lucky to live a half hour away from them. I wish I could afford more ECS goodies.:D :D :D

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
i've ordered from them only once, but was very pleased! quick delivery and great prices. i had to call to ask a question and the person who answered the phone was very friendly.

me likey. :goodjob:

·
2.0L 5 Speed - MT
25 Posts
I've also ordered from them, they can & will ship internationally with no problems whatsoever.

They're the best.

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
I have ordered from them twice, very good, fast, well packaged and good prices!
Lucky me I dont live in the USA, because Id be bankrupt of I could order all the stuff I want and pay very low shipping.

Example:
around 1900 for porsche big brakes plus 375 of shipping and 440 of taxes .....ouch...!!!

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
I see a lot of NE Ohio folks love ECS - as do the bf and I... They haven't worked on my NB (yet) but we take the .:R32 and the TT there on a regular basis. They're installing a VF Stg II Supercharger kit on the .:R as we speak!! They always manage to squeeze us in when we have "emergency" work we need done, and I really think they're stand-up guys. Props for Tom and Brian for running a stellar business!!

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
Bef said:
I see a lot of NE Ohio folks love ECS - as do the bf and I... They haven't worked on my NB (yet) but we take the .:R32 and the TT there on a regular basis. They're installing a VF Stg II Supercharger kit on the .:R as we speak!! They always manage to squeeze us in when we have "emergency" work we need done, and I really think they're stand-up guys. Props for Tom and Brian for running a stellar business!!
Oooooooooo nice..... :eek:

You should bring that to one of our GTGs for sure... :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
I assume once the Stage 3 kit is installed the car no longer is a daily driver?? Is this correct? I would be really impressed with a 275+hp Beetle that can still be driven without daily issues....

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
roamerr said:
I assume once the Stage 3 kit is installed the car no longer is a daily driver?? Is this correct? I would be really impressed with a 275+hp Beetle that can still be driven without daily issues....
Oh it is very much his daily driver, his autocrosser, his errand runner and his sports car.

He even drives it thru the snow and ice... that is not one pampered lil trailer queen.

Tom aka Fowvay

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
TechnoTrix'd said:
I agree Des, ECS has always gotten my orders right out the door, and I have been 100% satisfied with my dealings with them.

Unfortunately, they are physically located in Ohio, so I cannot use any of their "tuning" services..:(

Great place to buy your on-line parts though, they are the first place I go when I am looking for any item.

TechnoTrix'd.....:wave3:

Hey Techno...If you dont mind the 45 to 1 hour drive, http://www.awe-tuning.com is located in Willow Grove, Pa. From what I hear, their work is almost as stellar as ECS's. I'm thinking of going there to have them GIAC "Stinger"...another option is to drive out Pittsburgh, they have a dealer out there as well.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
I just placed my first order with ECS the week before last and i'm blown away as well. I didn't order much. Just a new antenna, TT pedals, and euro caps, but i ordered them on a Friday and had them the very next Tuesday (right on my birthday to boot). Yeah, they messed up and sent me the pedals for a stick, but Jason who handled my order hooked me up and i just got my correct brake pedal yesterday. I'm 100% sure i will be ordering from them in the not too distant future.

Did i post something like this already in another thread? If so, sorry. I'm wicked tired.

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Bananarama said:
Hey Techno...If you dont mind the 45 to 1 hour drive, http://www.awe-tuning.com is located in Willow Grove, Pa. From what I hear, their work is almost as stellar as ECS's. I'm thinking of going there to have them GIAC "Stinger"...another option is to drive out Pittsburgh, they have a dealer out there as well.
Yo Banana Man!! Back from the dead???..:wink2:

Great to see you on the new board sir, glad that you are still around and driving that pod of yours..

Zap me a PM, I would be very interested in going up to AWE with you. Willow Grove is not a big drive for me, and I have plenty of time on my hands right now (temporarily outsourced to my house..:lol:..).

So, if you are going up during the week, let me know and I will definately meet you along the turnpike somewhere.

Cool...TechnoTrix'd....:wave3:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts