NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Peave Love and Beetles
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recieved my fog light kit but it did not come with any instructions i need a wiring diagram for the wiring harness. i called ecs and the guy i talked to said he couldn't find the diagram and transfered me to someone who might but no one answered when he transfered me, i left a voice mail but i dont know if anyone will call me back. i cant have the fog lights installed until i get a diagram so the guys know what wires are what

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
i recieved my fog light kit but it did not come with any instructions i need a wiring diagram for the wiring harness. i called ecs and the guy i talked to said he couldn't find the diagram and transfered me to someone who might but no one answered when he transfered me, i left a voice mail but i dont know if anyone will call me back. i cant have the fog lights installed until i get a diagram so the guys know what wires are what
Unf'ing believable! More accolades about ECS! Tico4Life should have one, will understand exactly what you need, and is normally willing to help other members. Drop him a p/m and tell him I sent you. Anyone with a Bentley should be able to scan it and either attach it in a psot or email it to you. Or start a new thread titled "ECS - More Problems" and you should get a quick response. Then, don't ask for a schematic, demand one. If they can't or won't help immediately, return the kit, and buy it somewhere else. You probably paid too much anyway. They are typically very high on this type of item. There is NO EXCUSE for it not being included, and even less for not addressing the issue immediately. I have been getting the impression they think they are the only game in town.

MORAV

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I saw no mention of a rear fog light. And besides you only add one wire. to the existing harness. I believe these are front fogs.

M

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Perfect!

Between the two, that should be exactly what he/she needs. If it is a complete new fog install, components besides the lights themselves have to be installed, this addresses that. Thanks,

MORAV

·
Peave Love and Beetles
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Palmettoguy thanks ill print both of them out and give this to the guy :)

I saw no mention of a rear fog light. And besides you only add one wire. to the existing harness. I believe these are front fogs.
i dont beleave that there are any rear fogs for the 2006-2010 beetles. and yes they are the front ones.

·
Peave Love and Beetles
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i emailed a guy at ecs and he said that they dont make instructions for the fog lights what the heck :cuss: i dont think ill ever be buying from them again!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
You Go Girl!

I looked at the ECS instructions. The Bug should be very, very similiar; the mounting in the bumper area may look and be slightly different, as will probably everything under the hood, including the location of the grommet pass-thru in the firewall. But the principle is all the same. This was probably more what your guy needed than the wiring schematics. Print and give all of it to him though, and he should have no problem.

And your right, I haven't seen a rear fog for the '06 and up.

If someone has found a kit somewhere, I'm sure there are those that would like to know.

MORAV

·
Peave Love and Beetles
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I looked at the ECS instructions. The Bug should be very, very similiar; the mounting in the bumper area may look and be slightly different, as will probably everything under the hood, including the location of the grommet pass-thru in the firewall. But the principle is all the same. This was probably more what your guy needed than the wiring schematics. Print and give all of it to him though, and he should have no problem.

And your right, I haven't seen a rear fog for the '06 and up.

If someone has found a kit somewhere, I'm sure there are those that would like to know.

MORAV
I thank you so much for your help MORAV and Palmettoguy I appreciate y'alls help :D

·
Peave Love and Beetles
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There getting installed tomarrow so look for pictures on thursday the guy is going to have to keep her for a day. I'll post the pictures on Abbie's thread and on this one:D

·
1,255 Posts
Before I did my fog light install, I contacted ECS (email) for a wiring diagram and never, never got an acknowledgment or response on the subject. Now I know why, there isn't any. Anyway, using 1st VWparts, junkyard and eBay parts I got them installed and working just like if they were factory.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Good job, darlin'! :banana::banana::banana:

Glad it all worked out!

Proper YELLOW H1 bulbs in them I hope!

MORAV

·
TOD 2011 Maiden Voyager!!
87 Posts
Fog lights

Your lights look great.:D I am planning on doing this to my 2010. I wanna add the blinking red light in the passenger door as well.
can you tell me do the fogs shut off when you have your high beams on:confused:
Thanks,

·
Peave Love and Beetles
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your lights look great.:D I am planning on doing this to my 2010. I wanna add the blinking red light in the passenger door as well.
can you tell me do the fogs shut off when you have your high beams on:confused:
Thanks,
thank you :) good luck ill be looking for the pictures:D. the only time that are off is when i have the day time running lights on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts