NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone KNOW what the ECS Votex Front Bumper Kit retailed for when it was available, and/or what is was discounted to if they were sold on close-out?

M.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Do you mean Votex the company :confused:

AFAIK

Votex is owned and is a part of Volkswagen Group.

It wasn't sold off as it still makes parts for other VW's.

With the Beetle they just stopped making the parts.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, but the Votex Bumper Kit, I have found out, is not the OEM Turbo S bumper, just similar. ECS was distributing these kits on this side of the pond at one time, they are NLA. Trying to find out what they DID sell for.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Yep, but the Votex Bumper Kit, I have found out, is not the OEM Turbo S bumper, just similar. ECS was distributing these kits on this side of the pond at one time, they are NLA. Trying to find out what they DID sell for.
Over here they are V5 Bumpers or as you guys say Fenders :)

Which are, Yes, different from the Votex as they don't have amongst other things the side markers.

As with price, i couldn't help even with UK pricing.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you asked ECS?
No, I have the opportunity to buy a complete, unopened ECS kit for 3 bills, in my hands, if I move quickly. Trying to figure out if it's any kind of real deal, as I would really rather have the TS bumper, but pulling together all the parts involved (30+ I understand), hmmm...

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
No, I have the opportunity to buy a complete, unopened ECS kit for 3 bills, in my hands, if I move quickly. Trying to figure out if it's any kind of real deal, as I would really rather have the TS bumper, but pulling together all the parts involved (30+ I understand), hmmm...
Rare as Hens teeth over here. Not seen that many that side of the pond, although they do pop up. :)

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
That's not a bad deal. ECS was closing them out for like $150 - 200, BUT,

and this is a big BUTT,

they shipped them out freight, and it cost about, if not over another $200 for shipping.

So yes, $300 for a whole front kit is a good price.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's not a bad deal. ECS was closing them out for like $150 - 200, BUT,

and this is a big BUTT,

they shipped them out freight, and it cost about, if not over another $200 for shipping.

So yes, $300 for a whole front kit is a good price.
Believe it or not, that is about the only way to ship this type of thing, I ship in and out a lot, and you're not going to ship anything much less than $200, and that's with a very discounted rate. I doubt ECS was making a nickel on the freight, and really had no other way to ship an item of this weight and bulk.

Thanks for the info!

M.

·
9,487 Posts
I don't know actual shipping costs... but yes, they did sell them off cheap, but then when people got their shipping quote, a lot of people flipped because they thought they were gonna get a $800 drivergear kit for $150

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I don't know actual shipping costs... but yes, they did sell them off cheap, but then when people got their shipping quote, a lot of people flipped because they thought they were gonna get a $800 drivergear kit for $150
The reality is, they were. Is that what they were retailing for?

·
9,487 Posts

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Anyone KNOW what the ECS Votex Front Bumper Kit retailed for when it was available, and/or what is was discounted to if they were sold on close-out?

M.
Puzzled, that thread posted about ECS.

Their not Votex bumpers. Theres a big difference in the 2

Not sure what bearing the above statement has on the thread though :lol:

But you mentioned in the quote above Votex, which would be priced a lot higher than a Turbo S/V5 bumper that are still readily available at the Dealers. Meaning there would be no shipping.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Meaning what? That they finally got in and shipped the rear? Front is being indicated as NLA and the rear is shown NOW, as in stock.

·
Got gremlins????
116 Posts
Can I add to this?

I have a receipt for what everything cost originally in the kit, but do not have it in front of me at the moment. So this is recollection as I just looked at it less than a month ago. The front bumper cannot be bought anymore either. The back diffuser by itself retailed for apprx. $700, and that's the small piece that attaches to the bumper. The bumper is over $300 for just the shell and the front bumper around $400. The side skirts are another $300 maybe. I will bring my receipt with me to work and post the exact values. You are getting a deal at a whole kit seeing how they don't make the side skirts, front bumper, nor the rear diffuser anymore. Here in the states, no one has the rear diffuser and can only get it from over seas. I had a complete kit, but my Turbo S back bumper was damaged and the Votex bumper was sadly still intact when we traded the car in. :( I myself liked the clean look of the back bumper over the turbo S.

·
Got gremlins????
116 Posts
Puzzled, that thread posted about ECS.

Their not Votex bumpers. Theres a big difference in the 2

Not sure what bearing the above statement has on the thread though :lol:

But you mentioned in the quote above Votex, which would be priced a lot higher than a Turbo S/V5 bumper that are still readily available at the Dealers. Meaning there would be no shipping.
Home Page > ES#297179 Votex (Turbo S) Front Bumper Conversion Kit (part Is NLA) - 1C0071609UA9AX

It's in the description that it is in fact a Votex bumper, gives a manufacturer part number and ECS's part number separately.

ECS is a distributor from Votex. They are Votex kits, bumpers, etc. I had a complete kit I bought from a dealership a while back. They originally ordered two kits from ECS years ago, sold one kit and still had one in stock. They bought them when ECS dropped the price of the kits, and knew they couldn't get a better deal than that. ECS's original prices are not being displayed on their website because the complete kits are no longer available, and since that is the case and Votex isn't making anymore, they have dropped the prices exponentially on the rest of the parts. You cannot get a rear diffuser for the rear bumper anymore, the side skirts are the same, and the front is discontinued because Votex stopped making them. If you saw what they were priced orginally on ECS you would see they are in fact Votex kits. If you can find a kit at a dealer, you'd better buy it up. They cannot be ordered through the dealer anymore because they cannot get them...AT ALL unless there is a another dealer prepared to sell their complete kit or ECS has whole kits still. Get it while you can at $300. Just from personal experience, and that's hear in the states. Over seas, I have not a clue.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all your input. The $300 is for the complete front bumper kit -bumper, turns, corner markers, fogs, grilles, wiring harnesses, etc. Doesn't include the side skirts or the rear bumper kits. Am/was considering this for an NBC, so the rear is moot anyway (doesn't fit). This kit was closed out for, I think, $49 + shipping (about $250). FYI - Votex is/was the manufacturer of the body parts (and a VW Vendor), of both these kits and the original TS front and rear bumpers, and is still a viable European Corporation.

·
Got gremlins????
116 Posts
Just trying to help make your point. :)

I have my bumper and side skirts for sale at the moment as well. I liked my Turbo S front bumper more than the Votex, but I wanted the side skirts and the Votex rear bumper, so I bought the whole kit at the time. The front bumper I have has all of the assembly pieces (lights, etc.) and is still in primer and wrapping.

Shipping is a killer though. Wait...are you in Texas? I am in Kansas, you are more than welcome to buy mine for $300 and we could meet in the middle and you wouldn't have to worry about shipping. LOL!!! ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts