NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a guy that is like 2 hours away from me that tunes cars. He has an ebay store but hasn't had anything up for a whole but had good reviews. When I was on Craigslist I found him again and text him and he got back to me today saying he's willing to tune a few cars for free this weekend to get feedback.
So free sounds good to me. He said that his tune pushes boost to 21psi and taper to 17 at wot and downstream o2 sensor turned off. Immobilizer not affected. My car is stock under the hood besides the k&n. I plan on getting an exhaust and downpipe. Is pushing that much boost ok on a stock motor or am I going to have problems? I should also look for something to replace the stock blowoff valve?

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Tell me its not Gonzo Tuning?

·
My other VW is a VW
141 Posts
Free is always good. I would definitely do a little more research.
I have a Unitronic Stage 1+ tune on my 04. 225HP 260TQ, not sure the boost. The only recommended upgrade is a better blow off valve so I added an APR R1 valve. I have had no problems thus far and she is fun as hell!

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
That much of a tune for free would worry me. Is he willing to stand by it if there are problems?

I agree to research. There is a reason tunes arent cheap. I have Unitronic stage 2 on my GTI and it puts down those boost numbers. Its a 600 dollar tune. But its darn good. Very strong and solid. My car had 129k on it when I got it tuned. 2k later no issues and its certainly not driven easy. I have a 3" turbo back as well as a forge 007 DV and its the perfect package, IMO.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts