NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story but cutting it down; fitted new computer with immobiliser removed from software. Starts and runs well now. However the engine light is on and it reports that the EGR will not perform basic initialisation even with VAG computer. Changed EGR for genuine new but error still there. Throttle unit initialises ok. Electrician says that it appears that the EGR is getting no voltage.

Anyone seen anything similar or have any advice please.

·
Registered
14,052 Posts
It would be helpful; for you to fully fill out your "profile" with your cars tech info. I'm assuming you are from the UK; as the 1.4L "gas" wasn't sold here in the usa, what is a "53 plate" by the way? What trouble codes; specifically are you getting? I would get a bentley manual and get the wiring diagram; start testing the wiring harness to the plug, go from there.
By the way; tell us about the immobilizer removal flash you had done; I know here in the states, some places offer this option..... because of so many people's ongoing struggle with the immobilizer system malfunctioning and leaving you stranded! (ask me how i know!) :) Any info; appreciated! :)

There are quite a few; uk based sites, that might be more helpful... in dealing specifically, with the 1.4L, since we don't have that engine here. Although, troubleshooting issues are similar; no matter what engine you are working on.

https://www.google.com/search?q=uk+...450,d.aWc&fp=51ae5c004d1402cc&biw=853&bih=624

1 - 3 of 3 Posts