NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New poster here, I've read several posts on a battery drain here already and signed up for the forums because BEETLES!

Anyways, I have an '06 1.9TDI that is giving me a bad reading on my EGR valve, I can't remember the exact error code (Battery is out right now, so can't even check), I have checked several different videos as to where the EGR lives, and they're all pretty consistent that it *should be* on top of the engine block. I'm not seeing it there.

Could somebody please post some pictures or procedure as to how to remove/clean/replace the EGR valve?

Thanks!
K.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ah! Found it!

So,

I found my EGR Valve after some creative googling. Turns out that the videos I was watching were for the European TDIs not the American. It was in the right spot, but had a different shape. After looking at the Volkswagen parts page, I was able to locate and remove it. It's pretty gummed up with carbon, so now I have to find something to clean it with.

Thanks!
K.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Billymade, came across all those sites earlier, which show the EGR valve as what I consider to be a 'standard' EGR valve. Looking at this site pointed me in the right direction. Just waiting for my parents to get home so I can see if they have carb cleaner so I can degunk my valve. (It's pretty much solid carbon) =(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts