NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my Dectane LED taillights in the mail a couple days ago. I've been pining over these things for quite a while now, but couldn't quite afford them, let alone find somewhere to buy them! Finally my mom tracked down a guy on eBay from Deutschland selling em, and got them for me for Christmas :)

But yeah, here are a couple pictures of my car. 2002 Turbo S in Reflex Silver. Over 135,000 miles, and still goin' strong :)

EisBär.jpg
beetles by blockbuster.jpg
IMG_2173.jpg
IMG_2717.jpg
IMG_2809.jpg

Here's the thread I posted when I got EisBär (pronounced "Ice Bear," means "Polar Bear" in German :p ). Doesn't seem like I've had him for a year and a half already! Absolutely love everything about the the car :) Anyways, there are some more pictures on this thread.

http://newbeetle.org/forums/new-member-forum/44431-after-couple-old-volkswagens-i-finally-upgraded-turbo-s-d.html

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I still have not seen your TS on the road! I see every one, but not yours! If you see my white NB, with a roof rack and black bra, you better say hi! :D

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Nice Taillights. Do you have a Link to where you bought them from? I know it was from E-Bay in Germany but a seller would be helpful. How much was shipping on those babies?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Taillights on Ebay

Here's where I got em :)

VW Beetle LED Tail Lights red | eBay

$205 with $29 shipping. So far, though, they seem to be WELL worth it. Pretty good quality, and look amazing. I've already gotten so many complements! Definitely makes the car look about 10 years newer haha.

Installation was a bit difficult/confusing...one thing to note, the clip locations on these are slightly different than the stock tail lights. They fit perfectly fine, I just was confused at the time, and was attempting to put them in slightly twisted haha. Installed properly, the lights should be at a slight inward angle I believe.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still have not seen your TS on the road! I see every one, but not yours! If you see my white NB, with a roof rack and black bra, you better say hi! :D
I will DEFINITELY say hi if I do!! You're from the Vancouver area? I'm currently down in Corvallis for school, but am back up in the Portland Metro area quite often. Just look for the OSU, Dutch Bros, and Apple stickers on my windows ;)

I heard something about a Northwest Beetle Coast drive a while back?? I think we should do somethin' like this over Summer :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
I will DEFINITELY say hi if I do!! You're from the Vancouver area? I'm currently down in Corvallis for school, but am back up in the Portland Metro area quite often. Just look for the OSU, Dutch Bros, and Apple stickers on my windows ;)

I heard something about a Northwest Beetle Coast drive a while back?? I think we should do somethin' like this over Summer :)
I'm in Corvallis too, driving a red turbo s. I have seen a silver turbo s in town, that could have been you. I'll say hi if I see you. Good to know that there's another turbo s in town that's also a member here :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in Corvallis too, driving a red turbo s. I have seen a silver turbo s in town, that could have been you. I'll say hi if I see you. Good to know that there's another turbo s in town that's also a member here :)
I've definitely seen your car! You live just off of campus, right? Whenever I go to Dutch Bros, I walk through that parking lot and see a red Turbo S :D I am quite fond of that red color...

I've seen one other silver Turbo S down here, but I think it has custom wheels. But yeah, say hi if you see me :)

·
VDub Noob
218 Posts
Another oregonian here. :)

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've definitely seen your car! You live just off of campus, right? Whenever I go to Dutch Bros, I walk through that parking lot and see a red Turbo S :D I am quite fond of that red color...

I've seen one other silver Turbo S down here, but I think it has custom wheels. But yeah, say hi if you see me :)
Yep, the red Turbo S you've seen is definitely mine :D I live right across street from Dutch Bros.

I don't recall seeing another silver Turbo S with custom wheels in town, but I've definitely seen yours. As a matter of fact, I just saw yours parked right by bookstore a couple weeks ago. I recognized the Apple sticker and of course, that shiny silver paint is hard to be missed :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, the red Turbo S you've seen is definitely mine :D I live right across street from Dutch Bros.

I don't recall seeing another silver Turbo S with custom wheels in town, but I've definitely seen yours. As a matter of fact, I just saw yours parked right by bookstore a couple weeks ago. I recognized the Apple sticker and of course, that shiny silver paint is hard to be missed :D
Nice :D Hey, my brother, and some of our friends were thinking of doing a drive to Newport either this coming weekend or the weekend after, you should tag along! We can have two Turbo S's go :)

We usually do a morning drive, and then get breakfast at the coast. It would be fun!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nice :D Hey, my brother, and some of our friends were thinking of doing a drive to Newport either this coming weekend or the weekend after, you should tag along! We can have two Turbo S's go :)

We usually do a morning drive, and then get breakfast at the coast. It would be fun!
Cool! I would definitely like to join you ;) It's a fun drive going from Corvallis to Newport. Let me know whether it's this coming weekend or the weekend after.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
:( I wish I still had one my Turbo S's. :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
EvIoNeOn, I just see your EisBär across street. Love that dark tint ;)
Haha I was at Dutch Bros with a friend, I saw your car in the parking lot! :) And thanks, I love that tint. It was on the car when I bought it. Unfortunately there's a small tear in it on my rear window though =\

·
VDub Noob
218 Posts
Me and my girl were thinking about going on a trip to our house in Siletz. Maybe we can have a coastal Beetle GTG during the summer.

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
248 Posts
Haha I was at Dutch Bros with a friend, I saw your car in the parking lot! :) And thanks, I love that tint. It was on the car when I bought it. Unfortunately there's a small tear in it on my rear window though =\
Lucky you! It was completely naked when I bought my car and I had to pay to get it tinted. Now I'm thinking to get a darker tint, the legal tint is just not enough to block sunlight in the day time or bright lights at night.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts