NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks in advance. 04 Beetle BEV engine auto. When Iactivate the directional signal to indicate a RH turn it blinks fast. Left is fine. I cannot find a burned out bulb anywhere (I did find some, they have since been replaced). Any ideas on how to procede?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Are they all the correct wattage bulbs? Even though you have replaced all the bad bulbs, are they all lighting. Sounds like a bulb or bulb socket issue.

MORAV

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correct wattage, they all light, but I wonder if I'm forgetting one. Headlights, tail lights, back up lights, brake lights, fog lights, side marker lights.
It's no big deal, but it's one of those things that drives you nuts. That's what's so nice about Beetles—their "character."
(That's the word you use in a family-friendly forum when you can't use the word you want.)

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
No, the only bulbs that are in the flasher circuit are the ones that flash. How about the signal lights in the outside rear view mirrors, they would be in this circuit. Could also be an erratic ground on the side that's flashing rapidly. I'd have to check a wiring diagram and see if the ground is shared by both sides, or if the bulbs are grounded to the body individually.

M.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Three separate grounds, front turns, rear turns, signal mirrors. However, a more common problem is the contacts in the front and rear bulb sockets. Take the bulbs out, and carefully ply up a little on the contacts in the sockets. I'm pretty sure you have a "good" contact issue.

M.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts