NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to get my daughter a 2001 turbo beetle. Looked at one today. Seemed to run good, accelerated nicely, clutch seemed good, wasn’t in too bad of shape. Had some loud humming from underneath not sure why. But anyways, to my concerns. During my drive the side mirrors did not work, either one. Drivers side window did not work. when we got back from the drive I asked about the door locks. He attempted to lock and unlock the doors and it simply didn’t work for the drivers side. I asked if it locks by using the key. He tried and it rolled down the driver side window, mind you I couldn’t get it to roll down with the button. He then detached the battery and reattached and it rolled up the window. then got in the car and the alarm went off. he did get turbo go off. I am thinking there is some kind of electrical short in the driver side door/wiring since everything that didn’t work was connected to the door. Oh and the spoiler was stuck which that is also connected to the door. Please help. Do I offer a lower price and fix it, or do I walk away? My daughter would die for this car. Most everything else seemed to work.

·
Registered
553 Posts
The drivers door issues are common problems with these cars. If you can get him to lower the price using that as a bargaining chip by all means. These issues have been discussed and fixes can be found on this site and at tdiclub.com also. Just one of many threads.

Door issues are annoying not a reason to walk away from the sale.

The wires between the door and the car in the hinge area tend to break after opening and closing a million times.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts