NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Where is home ....
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last month/month.5 Zoomer has gotten the following symptoms:

1. After a quick washing Zoomer's left turn signal started blinking fast ... then slow ... the fast ... stopped blinking then went solid then ..... back to normal. This happened over a course of about 6 or 7 days.

2. This has happened maybe 3 times over the last year but ... after the washing the next day while driving Zoomer home, his sun roof tilted up (not opened but tilted) on its own. 0_o HAHA! Cool. 0_o.

3. About 1.5 weeks ago ... Zoomers keyfob stopped working. I thought it was a dead battery so, I had the dealer replace it. Still doesn't work so, they are giving me a NEW FREE KEY!

4. Within the last week Zoomers left (same side as the faulty blinker) head light has burned out!

Is this all a coincidence or is it something more *dramatic*?

......... and, how much is it to replace a dead headlight? :( I cannot afford a new headlight. :(

Thanks for reading!

·
Eine Kleine Panzer
210 Posts
Headlight is easy to replace (there should be a how-to around here). If you have never had the light replaced before, it may suck trying to get it out of there, but keep trying, it will come out...cursing helps, but not that much:D

Have you tried changing the bulb in your blinker or looking to see if water is getting in there? The blinker is easy to remove, carefully pry the little plastic tab off and unscrew the screw underneath. Then pull the blinker assembly out.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts